Summary of available info about bridges affected by the December 2015 floods. This is most likely neither complete nor perfectly up to date. Further info welcome, including
- Updates to status (with link to public source).
- Photos of bridges available online (link to page containing image), especially images showing damage.
- Links to google maps showing location of bridges where this isn't shown.
The following links will open in new tabs/windows.
- Map showing damaged bridge locations (click on the pin for details of the bridge)
- List of bridges with latest status info (also embedded below)
- Photos of bridges
- List of status updates
- This list is incomplete. Most of it comes from a few lists of closed bridges published at different times by or for Cumbria CC. Even for Cumbria though is probably incomplete, because e.g. temporary replacement or strengthening re-opens a bridge and removes it from the lists. Outside Cumbria there are certainly more.
- Locations may be wrong, this is based on public information and detective work with Google.
- The first published map put pins in the wrong place. I've now read the instructions for the mapping software properly, and that is fixed (as of 10am, 2015-01-22).